Sisters, Shirlee Hogan, Heather Tweedy and Bette Young welcome you to Pastimes PEI where we create our own “Pastimes PEI” rug hooking designs based on traditional subjects, materials and techniques. We specialize in Prince Edward Island landscapes and traditional geometric styles. Our mats are made the traditional Island way. In 2008 we recreated the geometric “Cavendish” or “Green Gables” mat in honour of the 100th Anniversary of the publication of “Anne of Green Gables” by L. M. Montgomery. When we are not hooking or dreaming up new designs, we demonstrate and promote the traditional art of rughooking.
Home of the Cavendish Hooked Rug
- Updating my Etsy shop today while the snow falls outside. Rug hooking season here on Prince Edward Island #pei... fb.me/8yLgyVIjb 3 days ago
- the view from here #pei #millviewpei #snowflakes fb.me/1Tr38tHBm 3 days ago
- Setting up a Deere display #pei fb.me/2XrtQec3H 2 weeks ago
- Threshing grain for the first time with the Taylor family (Millview) thresher. With Ron Serres fb.me/4QlDoVy8p 3 weeks ago
- Harvesting the grain with help from Ron Serres and Wendell Jenkins. fb.me/7so2Z0uKT 3 weeks ago
- love seeing the hooked details of our house fb.me/2Czk9pZKw 1 month ago